- Next Day Dispatch
- Family Favourites and Collections
- The Freezer
- Ready Meals
- Savoury Snacks
- Christmas Gifts
- Snacks & Confectionery
- Pasta, Rice & Cous Cous
- Meat & Meat Boxes
- Fruit, Vegetables & Veg Boxes
- Bakery and Cakes
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
These Terms of Sale, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which items are sold and provided by Vendors through this website, www.shophapperley.co.uk (“Our Site”). Please read these Terms of Sale carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Services from Our Site. You will be required to read and accept these Terms of Sale when ordering Services. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Sale, you will not be able to order Services through Our Site. These Terms of Sale, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms of Sale, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means a contract for the purchase and sale of items, as explained in Clause 7;
means your order for the Services;
means our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;
“Services / Products”
means the services or products which are to be provided by our vendors to you as specified in your Order (and confirmed in Our Order Confirmation); and
means Happerley [, a company registered in England under 6038415, whose registered address is Willow Hill Farm, Apperley, Gloucestershire, GL19 4DJ.
2. Information About Us
- Our Site, shophapperley.co.uk, is [owned and] operated by Happerley [, a limited company registered in England under 6038415, whose registered address is Willow Hill Farm, Apperley, Gloucestershire, GL19 4DJ. [Our VAT number is GB193923281.]
3. Access to and Use of Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
4. Age Restrictions
- There are products within the marketplace that require a minimum purchase age of 18, this will be made clear on the product page at the responsibility of the individual vendor selling that product. We employ the use of an age verification blocker for any site visitor that requires you to confirm that you are over the age of 18. As well as this when the product is delivered you may be asked for ID to provide proof of age in line with the Challenge 25 initiative. We reserve the right to refuse delivery of any age prohibited products if you can not prove you are of legal age.
5. Service Locations
- Our Services are available in the United Kingdom only. Customers from outside this area can not receive deliveries at this time.
6. Products, Pricing & Availability
- Vendors are responsible for accurately describing their products within the Shop Happerley Marketplace. Vendors must ensure that their descriptions are an accurate representation of their products, in cases that this falls short of expectation please contact the specific vendor responsible for that product.
- Please note that sub-Clause 7.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct products, not to different products altogether.
- Stock management and availability is the responsibility of the vendors within the Shop Happerley marketplace, not Happerley ourselves. It is the responsibility of every vendor to ensure their stock management is up to date and accurately reflects the stock status of each product. In the event that an order is placed on a product whose stock has not been updated accurately please contact the vendor responsible for that product.
- Pricing is set by the individual vendor as well as the sale prices and duration of a product sale, this means that vendors can change their prices at any point in time. Changes in price will not affect any Order that you have already placed.
- In the event that the price of a product is changed by a vendor on a product you have ordered between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
- All prices on Our Site include VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
7. Orders - How Contracts Are Formed
- Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order to Us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend any errors. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that We have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between Us and you (“the Contract”).
- Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Confirmation of the products ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes and other additional charges
- If a vendor, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. If the vendor has taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 working days, please contact the vendors directly for refunds.
- If you change your Order, We will confirm all agreed changes in writing.
- We may cancel your Order at any time before We begin providing the Services in the following circumstances:
- The required personnel and/or required materials necessary for the provision of the Services are not available; or
- An event outside of Our control continues for more than 7 working days
- If We cancel your Order and We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 working days. If We cancel your Order, you will be informed by email.
- Any refunds due will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services.
- Payment for the products will be processed through Stripe and are fully secure. Shop Happerley takes a 5% commission on sales, this is automatically deducted and removed from the vendor total. The 2.9% payment processing fee is also taken from the vendor total, this amount does not go to Happerley. Payments are held centrally and securely by Happerley and vendors are able to request their payouts from within their account once the total value reaches a minimum of £100, at which point Shop Happerley will begin the payout process for any fees due from sales taken since a vendors last payout.
9. Provision Of The Products (Delivery)
- Vendors are responsible for the adequate provision of ordered products within a reasonable delivery timeframe and in a condition that is acceptable by reasonable standards. If you have a delivery query or an issue with the delivered condition of your product, please contact the specific vendor directly to deal with your queries. Shop Happerley does not take any responsibility for the delivery or condition of products provided by our Vendors.
- We will make every reasonable effort to properly vet the quality of vendors that operate on the Shop Happerley platform. All vendors must be manually approved and be registered as ‘Happerley Transparent’ to be able to trade on the Shop Happerley platform.
- If We require any information or action from you in order to provide the Services, We will inform you of this as soon as is reasonably possible. Depending upon the nature of the Services you have ordered.
- We use a third party logistics company (“Courier”) to deliver our products. You can see the delivery options which are available to you during the checkout process on our website. You will be asked to select your preferred delivery day when you check out.You cannot change this delivery day.
- Delivery of produce will take place when our Courier delivers to the address specified by you when you registered your Account. We reserve the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that an appropriate person is available to take delivery at the delivery address during the delivery day.
We are not responsible in any way for the consequences of the delivery being left unattended for a period of time, whether left in your nominated safe place or not. This includes but is not limited to theft, tampering, contamination or the deterioration of chilled produce.
Orders placed through the Happerley Larder will be dispatched next day when orders are placed before 12:00pm, Orders placed after 12:00pm will be dispatched a day later. All Larder orders from dispatch will be next day delivery.
10. Problems With The Products & Your Legal Rights
- We always use reasonable endeavours to ensure that Our products are trouble-free. If, however, there is a problem with your product, please contact the vendor directly.
11. Our Liability
- Shop Happerley & Happerley act as a marketplace enabling engaged consumers to purchase directly from quality, Happerley transparent producers. This means that we accept no liability for the loss of products, damaged goods, delays in delivery or any other issues related to the nature of the products within our marketplace. We simply operate as a marketplace, if you have any queries please address these to the vendor that sells the product in question, you can find their contact information within their vendor profile.
12. Communications & Contact Details
- If you wish to contact Us with general questions or complaints, you may contact Us by email at email@example.com
- For matters relating to your Order, please contact the vendor that you have ordered from, Happerley does not process any of the orders ourselves and will not be able to provide updates on the status of orders.
13. Complaints & Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us in one of the following ways:
- [In writing, addressed to Shop Happerley, Willow Hill Farm, Apperley, Gloucestershire, GL19 4DJ]
- [By email, to firstname.lastname@example.org]
14. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
15. Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms of Sale will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms of Sale will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your [other] obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Sale.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Sale are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Sale. The remainder of these Terms of Sale shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms of Sale means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Sale means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms of Sale from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements.
16. Vendor Responsibilities & Terms
- All vendors that operate on Shop Happerley must be confirmed as Happerley Transparent. Any application from vendors that are not Happerley Transparent will be rejected. It is the responsibility of the vendor to update Happerley of any changes within their supply chain, we reserve the right to remove vendors from Shop Happerley at any point without warning.
- Shop Happerley takes a 5% commission from all sales, this is automatically deducted from your sales total, Stripe then takes a payment processing fee of 2.9%.
- Vendors can request a payout from within their account to receive any income that has been generated from sales through the platform once the value reaches a minimum of £50, this amount will be deposited into the vendors designated account minus the 5% commission and 2.9% processing fees.
- Vendors are responsible for organising delivery of ordered products, Shop Happerley does not take any responsibility for the delivery of products.
- Vendors are responsible for ensuring that all product information displayed within the marketplace are accurate.
- Vendors are responsible for ensuring that their products arrive in an acceptable condition by reasonable standards. Shop Happerley takes no responsibility for lost deliveries, damaged goods or any other issues, the vendor must resolve these issues and process refunds to customers accordingly.
- Complaints about specific products must be handled by that vendor. Shop Happerley is not responsible for resolving issues with products that are sold through the platform by vendors.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their vendor profiles up to date and accurate, this includes stock management and levels, pricing, sale pricing and offers, imagery that accurately represents the products, sizes and sales volumes, enforcement of age restricted purchases, adherence and clear marking for allergens and anything else in relation to products, vendor profiles, orders and deliveries.